Tuesday, August 31, 2010

For Chocolate Lovers ONLY!

I've been wanting to make an "adult cake" for a while. I really wanted to do something other than buttercream frosting. So since today is my Mom's birthday, I offered to make her a cake.


I've been wanting to do this for so long! I made ganache!!!
(All you do is take chocolate and melt it with really hot heavy whipping cream, mix it up really good, and let it cool a bit, then pour it on!)

THEN I marbled some white and semi-sweet chocolate and cut it into some fun shapes and stuck them in the ganache.


Then I sprinkled on chopped up marbled chocolate.
Because I can never have enough chocolate.


So there you have it. A triple chocolate cake with a fudgy filling, covered with chocolate ganache, then decorated with CHOCOLATE! I am SUPER excited to get to eat my creation tonight at my Mom's birthday party!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment