Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Lego Cake


I made this Lego cake for Logan (hence the L). He said he wanted chocolate cake. Well, he got it! Chocolate fudge cake with the MOST delicious chocolate frosting! (And yes, I will share this fabulous recipe. It makes a ton, so it definitely needs to be scaled down.) The lego board and legos are made out of modeling chocolate and the little pegs are made with melted candy melts. So Logan is going to get his chocolate fix for his birthday!

And a random side note... I think I've discovered my cake decorating style- I call it modern with a hint of rustic. I really like having something that looks smooth and nice, but I also LOVE having a little bit of the messy frosting showing- that way there is proof that there's something yummy hiding underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment